Organising a conference or meeting
congress or meeting in De Maaspoort
Are you planning to organise a conference or meeting and are you looking for a special location?
De Maaspoort in Venlo is a top location for organising congresses or meetings with an inspiring theatre ambience where all your meetings will be an unforgettable memory. Would you like to come and see De Maaspoort with your own eyes or discuss your ideas? Then feel free to contact us. Whatever your wishes, our team of professionals with extensive experience in organising a (healthcare) conference or meeting is ready to help you! Are you curious about which room suits your needs? Use the rental assistance and find all the information you need, take a look at the virtual 360 tour or view the photo album for an impression of the possibilities in De Maaspoort.
- 3 theatre halls/4foyers/4meeting rooms/roof terrace/2restaurants/hotel
- Impressive location on the river Maas
- Space for events up to 3500 people
- A top kitchen full of passion and creativity
- A parking garage right next to the theatre
- At walking distance from the train station
- Personal guidance with attention for your event
- On 1 September 2021, De Maaspoort won the 2nd prize of the province of Limburg in the category location XXL during the presentation of the National Meeting Award
- On 2 September 2020, De Maaspoort won the 2nd prize of the Netherlands in the category of XXL location during the presentation of the National Meeting Award
- On 12 March 2018 De Maaspoort won the 2nd prize of the Netherlands in the category of XXL location during the presentation of the National Meeting Award
- De Maaspoort was assessed with 4 meeting hammers in March 2017.
- On 25 January 2016 during the Meetings Awards ceremony in Rotterdam, De Maaspoort won the awards for best event location and best conference location of South Netherlands.
your event manager
Veronique Haenen - Schmitz | 077 320 7220
Case 1 | Symposium
A conference on the theme of drugs. Our event managers know how to deal with that too. The client had no specific wishes in advance regarding the breaks and lunch. A standard lunch is too obvious. We are happy with that little bit extra, surprising people with something special. See here the result....the creative version of a 'standard' muffin.
Case 2 | Presentation Lodewijk van der Grinten Award
Every year, the Lodewijk van der Grinten Business Award is presented during the entrepreneurs' evening for the Venlo business community. The prize is an initiative of Stichting Lodewijk van der Grinten Ondernemersprijs, in which LLTB Venlo-Horst, MKB Venlo, Ondernemend Venlo and the municipality of Venlo work together.
Each year, a theme is linked to the award. The companies are also challenged to do business in a socially responsible way and to show off all their qualities as ambassadors for the greater Venlo area's entrepreneurial interests. What is very special about this event is the after-party on the stage after the plenary programme. When the ceremony is over, the projection screen goes up and all the guests can enjoy a drink on stage. This area is, of course, tastefully decorated in the desired theme. More than 700 visitors enjoy this spectacle in De Maaspoort every year. Perception, atmosphere and meeting people are central.
Case 3 | New Year's Meeting
The year 2020 started with a New Year's meeting of AmbulanceZorg Limburg-Noord. During this meeting, the new corporate clothing was presented. It was therefore important that the employees were central, so we decided to literally put them in the spotlight. This was realised by fitting out part of De Maaspoort with a red carpet, wall of fame and cameras to give the guests a festive welcome like at a real film premiere. Our event managers always look for the underlying purpose of an event and with what kind of feeling the guests should go home. They then think along with you about a suitable interpretation to make the event unforgettable. "We had a very nice New Year's reception at the Maaspoort. Our theme came out very well. They thought along well and, most importantly, our guests loved it."