Kids & Theatre
children under 12 are free
At De Maaspoort, (family) performances are free for all children up to 12 years old. Making a happy, positive noise and keeping theatre accessible - despite the ever-rising prices - that is what we want to achieve with this. You are cordially invited!
How to book free tickets?
When booking, first choose the total number of tickets (choose seats in the auditorium if necessary). Then divide this number between the different types of ticket prices (normal price, children's price or free). If you want to take your (grand)child to a performance such as Swan Lake or a beautiful music performance, this is also possible. Tickets for a child can then be booked for free using the discount code KINDGRATIS2223. Note that these performances last longer and are usually scheduled in the evening. In case you are in lesser touch and can spare the amount for the tickets? We love it if you choose to pay for the tickets then, your contribution will be 100% used to make children happy for whom theatre is less obvious.
- There is no maximum number of children per paying adult, but we do of course ask for adequate supervision.
- The free rate is only valid for children up to 12 years old, tickets will be checked upon entry.
- A number of performances are excluded because they are not suitable for children due to content or safety. These are: star concerts, some cabaret artists such as Theo Maassen, the Moord in Bistro de Luif series and performances in the genres: From the region, Events and Education and performances at external locations such as Domani.
cheap prices and free lemonade
Enjoy a performance and free lemonade during the interval. What more could you ask for! The performances in the family genre no longer include a standard drink during the interval. The children can enjoy free lemonade and the parents pay for their drinks at the bar. Use of the cloakroom is always included in the price. In this way, we keep the prices low and the whole family can enjoy themselves at an affordable price.
6 tips for a relaxing visit to the theatre with children!
Is this your first time going to the theatre with children? Don't panic, the performances and everything around them are specifically intended for children.
- A children's play of the family genre usually has an age indication in the title. The performance is suitable from this age onwards.
- A children's theatre production is tailored to the age indication, both in terms of content and time. So a performance for children aged 2 and over is never long.
- Help, my child has to pee during the performance! That's not a problem. It is fine to leave the theatre for a moment to visit the toilet. The theatre staff will make sure you find your way out (and back to the theatre). There is a toilet on every floor. There is a spacious changing area on the ground floor.
- If there is an interval in the performance, there are several places in the foyer where you can get a drink. Even if there is no intermission, we will make sure there is something to drink afterwards
- Please arrive in good time so that the children can marvel at the scenery and absorb everything in peace and quiet. There are also special tables with chairs where children can colour.
- Show this film from Het Laagland to your class or children. Belle and Juul explain what you can expect from a visit to the theatre.
children's book week
Every year, the Children's Books Week also comes to the theatre. During this week, there are lots of activities in De Maaspoort, Venlo Library, Filmtheater de Nieuwe Scène and Museum van Bommel van Dam. We will update this information as soon as more is known about the Kinderboekenweek in 2022.
Looking for an unforgettable children's party? Then come to a fun family performance. The birthday boy or girl gets the ticket for the performance for free! The party becomes even more fun with the children's party package at Bistro de Luif. Cake with lemonade beforehand and pancakes or fries with a snack afterwards, and all that for only €6.75!
Minimum of 6 children and one supervisor. We are happy to help you choose a great show. You can book this package by phone or at the box office for all performances in the Family genre.